Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lithuania

Hello Friends and Family

Much has happened since I've been here in Lithuania. So far have learned the bus system and my way around Vilnius. I have spent a workweek in the Vilnius Teen Challenge Center and am in the process of learning Russian. I have been to multiple childrens centers and taught Bible lessons in villages. I have been to a camp and had the opportunity to share Jesus with a few people. There is so much that has happened since I last wrote a new entry. I have met so many people and am learning so much about the culture.

One of the leading events that has touched my heart was meeting a young girl in one of the villages. She is 7 years old and is a street kid. She has been raised in a difficult family in a difficult situation. She goes to church every sunday because there is no where else to go. The church there is one of three churches in Lithuania that I know of that has a children's program to teach kids the Bible. I only spent a short amount of time with her. But seeing the way she acted and knowing part of her situation broke my heart. There is so many problems here in Lithuania. Im not big enough to fix them. But God is. And I know that God is using me and the missionaries here in a small way to change the lives of those around us. God is faithful in all he is doing and He doesn't change. Even across cultures.

If you have any questions about my time here in Lithuania, I would love to answer them. Please write them in the comments section and I will answer them in my next post.

Thank you all so much again for praying for me and for Lithuania. Please pray for the Bible clubs that we work with and also for the Kids Quest team. We have practices and conferences coming up that we are getting ready for.

God is good, all the time

3 comments:

  1. What part of this trip has affected you the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know any worship songs in the native tongue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sir I have learned one in Lithuanian But I am learning more Russian songs

    ReplyDelete